Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Faces II

So, I've been working on an Illustration project. My assignment is to to do 30 faces, 5 styles X 6 emotions. I've been excited about it, but it's sort of a bitch because I don't have as much time as I would like to devote to each face, so some I've rushed, just because I need to get this done.

Btw, thank you to all who gave me pictures for this, I still need a few more though...so if you read this and would like to be a part of this I need the following...

2 portraits with the feeling of disgust
2 " " sad

So, here are the pics...

First is Digital, I only have 3 so far, because they are a bitch to do, it;s so tedious...and as you can tell because they take so long I sorta slacked on the last two...








Next is Abstract














Now for Caricature...which I didn't really like, I didn't put as much effort as I would've liked to...







Then on to my favorite artist's style...I chose David Choe, but it doesn't really look like his style...any way, i have 3 more left to do for this.








Finally, realism...I'm sorry that some of these turned out a little crappy, Ted's especially, which I may redo...










3 comments:

Alec Longstreth said...

Ajani-
Even your "rushed" pixel drawings are awesome. While you were in the computer lab today Michael and I both came over to your table and were admiring your paintings. I love the color choices for your shadows and just the STYLE you are painting in. I think this assignment is really cool and I can't wait to yours all finished up!

TheWongPerson said...

This is quite good. Bravo! I hope you got that sad pic...even though it looks like my shocked pic. My range in expressions varies...I swear. I like Russell's..haha, his nose is quite pointy.

Anonymous said...

hey! was one of them russell??
-erica y.