Saturday, September 27, 2008

From SFO to KIX

My final day in the states. On the plain, waiting to go to Osaka, where I currently am.



Some notes that I wrote on the way...

- There was a man who was probably of high status in some Muslim sect that I sat next to while waiting in JFK. He was wearing a long black robe, with a matching, black head wrap. He smelled a little raw, but other than that seemed like a very nice guy.

While boarding the plane, I was slightly upset by a lady ahead of me in the line, because she made a very ignorant comment about that guy. Something like "I hope that man in the black robe isn't on the same flight..."

But kudos to the flight attendant who she said this to, because she kind of rolled her eyes and assured her that he posed no threat. Sometimes I feel embarrassed to see people like that lady...


- When I came to the waiting area for my flight from SFO to Kansai International, I noticed a familiar looking man sitting rather far from the other passengers.

Lo and behold, who could it be, but Billy Blanks of Tae Bo, and "Billy's Boot Camp" as it's called in Japan. He was on my plane, and I spotted him again in front of the line when I went through customs in Japan, but I opted to not bother him. I thought it might be a little awkward.

No comments: