Monday, February 02, 2009

2008 Review in Pictures part 4- Happy New Year

I missed my weekly update because I have to eat and I did extra work.
In any case, here I am, updating as usual.

This will be a short entry.

I did a lot of projects and lessons for my school that involved me using my drawing skills. If I didn't mention it before, the times that I could spend drawing were the happiest times I had working at school. Time just melted away as I lay strokes of ink and graphite across the page.

I did get stressed out quite a bit doing this, though it was often because I was pressed to do something that wasn't drawing, and would get anxious and frustrated in the process.

So, here are the final three illustrations that I will should you from the school that I was working in until recently.



This was an illustration that I mad and never used. It was a scene that could be divided into 16 different pictures as cards. I would ask the students to describe scene in the cards and they could be used in a sort of puzzle/matching game.



I was ask to make a composition for them to use as reference for a poster/banner they were doing about Okinawa for the Cultural/Club Festival at the school. Here it is.



Finally, I did a picture for the nengajo (New Year's greeting card) that the school produced for the year.

I have one more update from last year, then on to bigger and better things...like *gasp* paid illustration work.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

the nengajo drawing is great! make sure to keep several hard copy prints for yourself so you can use it for your portfolio book.

Shaun Peterson said...

I'm really glad to see you getting some paid illustration work. Great stuff!